We offer one and two week off-the-beaten track ski and snowboard powder tours around Hokkaido, Japan.
Detour definition: An alternative route to a planned destination. Detours are about great snow. Our trips are built on the premise that keen skiers and riders want white fluffy pow… and lots of it!
Check it out… The photos below were all taken of people on the February 2011 Hokkaido Detour!
This isn’t your everyday winter holiday package deal. We’re not a big tour company offering the same bland options as everyone else. We’re not about drinking all night long and missing out on fresh tracks (although cold air and freshies are often the best hangover cure).
So why choose a Detour for your next powder tours winter holiday?
- Maximize the amazing Detour terrain and snow in both Niseko and Furano areas, with techniques and tactics from our highly experienced coaches/guides.
- Enjoy some of the most consistent, light powder snow in the world.
- Hedge your bets for amazing conditions as our tours are timed for peak snowfall.
- Experience a variety of terrain detouring to off-the-beaten track locations as well as the best known spots.
- Discover your own secret spots and ski/ride the best daily conditions.
- Learn about and indulge in the unique and beautiful culture of Japan.
- And enjoy the like-mindedness of other adventurers.